I know we are not the only ones having issues with mushrooms taking over their yard; we see them on our rides. Whether they are the big mushrooms or littles ones – they look horrible.
Although they do have positive effects for your lawn, I wanted to share a few tips to get rid of these ugly yard decorations.
- Remove them immediately – if you wait too long they release spores and more will follow. Raking and mowing increase the chance of spores spreading.
- Nitrogen fertilizer – This will help kill what feeds the mushroom
- Soap and Water – After picking, pour a mixture around the area that the mushrooms are. This will help kill their food.
- Make sure that your yard does not hold water. Saturated water leads to bacteria which leads to mushrooms.
- Keep your lawn mowed. This will help air flow and will dry the ground quicker.